Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Prompt #19

19. What was puberty like?
__________________________

For me, puberty was kinda no big thing. I'd known about sex and how babies are made for a while, so the fourth grade video that everybody freaked out about wasn't anything new. Actually, I don't even remember it, I just assume I saw it. As far as everything else, it was kind of a good thing. I never had major problems with my voice cracking, in fact, it was rare for that to happen. My growth spurts helped me even out because I have had the same waist size since like sixth or seventh grade haha! But I grew up and the chubby middle schooler turned into a regular guy. I never had a wet dream, which must've freaked a lot of guys out, probably because I took care of any build up myself (if you know what I mean! ha!) Overall, my problems didn't really start till after puberty. If anything, it went TOO well because I feel like (I'm not trying to brag, this is just something I've noticed) I matured much faster than my peers; all through high school I related better to the adults than to other students, and although I was pretty much known throughout the school, when it came to weekends and stuff, I spent a lot of time with myself. So all in all, I don't necessarily remember exactly what puberty was like because, for me, it was pretty seamless.
____________________________________________

Honestly, I don't remember it being incredibly traumatic. I was a tomboy in the extreme. I did all the things that little boys did-- like play sports and act up in school and get into scuffles. It really wasn't until about 10th grade that I realized the power of my femininity.

No comments:

Post a Comment