Saturday, January 3, 2009

Prompt #17

17. Was there ever a moment in your life when you thought things would just be better if you never existed?
_________________________________

90% of last semester.
_________________________________
The whole first semester of my Freshman year of college, I would think about suicide maybe 4 or 5 times a week. Sometimes I still have to try to squelch those thoughts.
_________________________________

Ages 14-16 were really hard years for me. I remember crying almost every day and thinking how much more peaceful it would be to disappear. My parents one asked me if I ever thought about taking action towards killing myself and I realized that I didn't particularly want to die, it was more that I wanted to be in darkness and sleep for a long time.
_________________________________
It's funny. When I look back on the years I was going through puberty... I can barely remember them. But going through them seemed like it was an eternity. I look back and think 'oh, that was lame. Yeah it sucked but it wasn't that bad.' But I remember when I was going through it I jsut wanted to die. I hated what was going on. It was also because I wasn't very educated on that kind of stuff growing up either.

No comments:

Post a Comment